SpectraSP is a multifunctional software for controlling the process of spectroscopic measurements and processing data when working with all spectral devices manufactured by the SOL instruments company: monochromators, spectrographs, spectrometers, and similar equipment. The program provides complex work environment for spectral analysis and time series processing, using all the potential of the controlled device, as well as expanding it with many additional features, thus allowing to perform: detection in different modes, working with multiple sensors, wavelength calibration, background correction, scanning of panoramic spectra, peak tracing, integration in stripe, and more. We present SpectraSP as a demonstration of our capabilities and experience, if you are interested in a similar system for your devices, please contact us!
SpectraSP functionality overview
- Performing spectral measurements; visualization and processing of experimental data;
- Working in different modes: spectral, image, multi track;
- Logging of all actions performed by user in the program, experiment automation;
- Support of single-element, line and matrix detectors (SOL, Proscan, ANDOR, Ormins);
- Possibility to work with several sensors at the same time;
- Measuring main parameters of peaks in real time;
- System for wavelength calibration;
- Scanning of panoramic spectrum in given spectral range, stitching of spectra;
- Correction of background, possibility of intensity correction, correction of defective pixels;
- Wavelength measurement mode (using echelle grating);
- Integration of signal;
- Storing of measurement results; saving of spectra in different formats; built-in print editor.
Separate pages for working with spectra and images; separate panels for working with built-in functions; easy access to frequently used parameters; contextual pop-up tips; as well as a detailed reference system for user convenience.
Scanning of spectra in a given spectral range, not limited by the sensor length: a unique algorithm calculates the tuning point of a spectral device and ensures accurate field calibration and thus correct stitching of all acquired spectra.
On-scan tracking of changes in the main parameters of the peak: wavelength, width and intensity; peak tracing mode is useful if the operator has to follow changes in the control section of the spectrum (line peak, for example) from a distance.
The program allows to display spectra in a convenient way, including style and color customization; the buffer of spectra allows to compare spectra acquired at different times or received from different sections of the used detector matrix.
The “integration in stripe” mode is intended for controlling the signal intensity in the allocated spectral stripe; it is possible to activate up to 8 independent stripes and change their positions and sizes during the process of spectra registration.
During registration, all spectra are saved that are located in the rows of the detector matrix and form an image, at the same time it is possible to scale the needed image area, view vertical and horizontal sections, as well as control brightness & contrast.
Image – the full image mode with maximal resolution; Full Binning – the spectral mode (summing of all detector matrix rows into a single resulting spectrum). Multi track – the mode for registration of spectra in the allocated sections (rows) of the matrix.
Advanced capabilities to control spectral devices and parameters of receivers (detectors): setting all the registration parameters on a separate page; averaging and summing are implemented, as well as external and internal synchronization.
Reports preparation, saving spectra and exporting data: for further processing in other applications, spectra can be saved in different formats; in addition, SpectraSP is equipped with a built-in report editor allowing to prepare and print reports.